I challenge you to take 5 days and do these 5 things. You can do this & you will feel improved and happier in five days. Approach this with an “I can” “I will” attitude. Don’t sabotage yourself. You are way stronger than you think! Here are the five little things to do for the next five days. Plan these into your schedule.
- Eat plant based: 6-8 servings of veggies a day, 3 servings of fruit, try nuts, beans, and seeds too. No dairy, meat, or chicken. You are trying to eat only plant based foods, no animal products.
- MOVE: Start out with a 30-60 minute power walk everyday for five days and add in 3 days of 10 min weights/high intensity movements.
- Drink A LOT of water!!! 24-30 oz when you wake up & 8 oz every hour. It is best to sip the 8 oz throughout the hour.
- Write in a gratitude journal before bed. Write 3 things you are thankful for and 3 things you are proud of that you did that day. Even the littlest things matter!
- Do what you love! Learn something new or do something from your childhood that brought you joy over the next five days! Ride a bike, Rollerblade, jump rope, play a sport or practice a skills from a sport , or play an instrument, call an old friend, see an old movie, etc.
You can do this right? For a higher rate of successfully completing this five day challenge get a friend or coworker to join you in this challenge. When you have a support group you will find you are more encouraged and the accountability truly helps keep you on track. Please share with me how this improves your well-being.