We all can find ourselves overeating at some point in our life, but what if there were a few tricks to help you end your overeating tendencies? Here are a few quick tips to help you:
1. Always drink a big glass of water when hunger strikes.
2. Do not eat while you are on the phone or watching TV. You must pay attention when you are eating so your brain can register you are being fed.
3. Eat off of a white plate. This way you can see all the colors in your food. If you have little color on your plate you need to fix that. Eating colorful fruits and veggies help fill you up faster due to the fiber and higher water content. Try eating an apple before you head to lunch and you may find you eat less at lunch.
4. Don’t eat when you feel stressed. If you are feeling stressed your adrenaline can be pumping, so you may eat faster giving your tummy less time to relay the “full” message to your brain.
5. Only eat when you truly feel hungry. Avoid eating “just because!”
Try one or all of these tips and see how it works for you!