Hello social media world, my name is Amy West. Thinking about five keys to a successful healthy day was hard to narrow down, but here our my top 5:
- Sleep- This girl needs her beauty sleep! I work best on 8.5 to 9 hours of sleep each night. We need sleep for our brains to work properly, sharper thinking, less accidents, and maintaining over all health.
- Mediation- I start my day in God’s word. This allows me to start my day off right. I need that quiet time to reflect and focus on the blessings that I have received. Pray for trials and situations that I am facing or that others are facing. This allows for a greater appreciation of life.
- Water- My goal each day is to drink half my body weight in ounces. I know that our bodies are composed of 65% of water! So, just think if you are not drinking enough water how this severely limits your body. We need water for every cell, high energy energy, healthy skin, better thinking, digestion, and hydration helps you feel less fatigued when you exercise.
- Exercise- After meditation I like to exercise! Whether that is walking the dogs, running outside or going to the gym. I feel better when I get a workout in the morning. Now of course there are days that I take off or exercise in the afternoon, it all depends on how my body is feeling. When we exercise we have an increase in dopamine to our brain and this makes us feel GOOD! It gives you a free shot of happy. It is also a stress reliever which helps with anxiety & depression. Exercise will help you feel more confident!
- Nutrition- I know we all know what we should or should not do, but we need to practice common sense and make those healthy choices. Eating McDonald’s three times a day or even three times a week, is not nourishing our bodies. I know I feel better – when I eat better. I try to eat fruits and veggies each day. I try to stay away from sugar because I know how addictive it is and how it harms our bodies. I am a pescatarian, so I don’t eat meat from land animals. I eat several small meals a day and try to incorporate a lot of protein. I also use natural supplements from Plexus to keep my gut health balanced, sugar balanced, and decrease my inflammation.
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”