Have you spent a lot of money on drink mixes that claim they will reduce your appetite and help you lose weight? I have had little success in finding one that truly works... Until now! You can make this in your own kitchen with real, whole ingredients. This great
drink will help you stay hydrated, reduce your cravings, help you burn more calories, and it will cost you less than a $3 for the whole week. Are you ready to learn about this inexpensive drink?
Lemon-Grapefruit-Pepper-Olive Oil Splash!
One small Jalapeno pepper (or a dash of cayenne pepper)
One Table Spoon of Olive Oil
84-168 oz of water (Depending on how strong you want the drink to be)
1. Clean whole lemons keep skin on (cut in half for 168 oz recipe)
2. Peel grapefruit (cut in half for 84 oz recipe or cut in fourths for 168 oz recipe)
3. Clean jalapeno (taking seeds out is optional and cut in half for 84 oz or in fourths for 168 oz recipe)
4. Place appropriate amount of lemon, grapefruit, jalapeno, and olive oil in blender with 42 oz of water.
5. Blend for 1 minute or use Ninja settings for pro-extraction
6. Get out big glass bowl and strainer
7. Strain juice to remove solids
8. Pour liquid drink in mason jars and refrigerate
9. Repeat for desired amount
You can use an orange if you would like or if you would like a lower sugar drink use a lime instead of the grapefruit. I use the orange and lime option to change it up. Enjoy throughout your day. If you cannot do the hot peppers try and adding a dash of turmeric or blend a little ginger instead.
Three tips for staying hydrated:
1) Eat fruits and veggies: Fruits and veggies have electrolytes in them. Yes, you can skip the Gatorade and eat an apple.
2) Be sure to drink 4 oz of fluid with every 15 minutes of exercise. Also, a good basic goal for fluid intake could be to drink half your weight in ounces of water and add tip number three (below) to this tip.
3) When drinking coffee, energy drinks or alcohol be sure to drink equal amount of water to coffee, energy drink or alcohol.
Make EZ water at home:
When we are hydrated our body can regulate body temperature more easily. We are able to go to the bathroom more easily and we are able to sweat out toxins more efficiently. One tip to create EZ water (water that is in plants) is to make it at home and drink 24 oz a day. All you need is a mason jar, water, a piece of fruit and sunlight. Fill the mason jar with water, put a small piece of fruit in the jar and set the glass jar outside where the sun can hit it. Leave it there all day. Then drink for great hydration!